Sometimes you just need a vacation.
We literally packed everything in our fridge that we thought would go bad by the time we got home. So it’s been a challenge meal planning with all the random food items we have.
Unfortunately, we didn’t have any fish to pack. But, there’s nothing like visiting the coast that puts you in the mood for some seafood! So we went and got some.
One of my favorite fish to eat is tilapia! It’s full of protein, healthy fats, and is super mild, delicious fish. And it’s not super fishy tasting, especially if you make it right.
That’s why I heavily season it with my homemade Salt Free Cajun seasoning!
Topped with this amazing mango avocado slaw, tilapia has such a fresh and summery flavor.
- 2 tilapia fillets (I prefer boneless, skinless)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t black pepper
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 t thyme
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- Dice up cucumber, avocado and mango, and mix together carefully in a medium bowl. You want everything to be in chunks. Set aside.
- Mix all spices together in a small bowl.
- Lay out the tilapia fillets and fully season each side of the fillets. Lots of seasoning!
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the seasoned tilapia fillets to the pan.
- Cook on each side 6-7 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Top each fillet with the mango avocado slaw and then sprinkle more Cajun seasoning on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
***What are your favorite summer recipes or new recipes you are excited to try?