This Thai ramen noodle recipe is healthy & easy! Asian stir fry vegetables, sweet potato, chicken, and easy peanut sauce on top of ramen noodles is so good!
Mmm, I love a good peanut sauce. I also love a good bowl. This recipe fuses the two, and makes for one awesome dinner meal.
Peanut sauce used to be something that I would only eat at restaurants because I thought it was too hard to make at home. But once I found out how easy it was, I decided to try it out! If you’ve never made peanut sauce before, don’t worry! It’s so easy, and it’s so good.
This recipe is one my favorites on the blog because of all the veggies, the roasted sweet potato, the peanut sauce, and of course, the ramen noodles.
Healthy Peanut Sauce & Ramen
One thing that makes this recipe so healthy is all the veggies. Kale, cabbage, carrots, and roasted sweet potato help make this recipe nutritious and full of fiber. That makes it filling, too!
The brown rice ramen noodles that I use are healthier than the instant ramen packages because they aren’t completely stripped of all their nutrients, and have more fiber than those other noodles. But don’t worry, they cook in virtually the same amount of time that the instant ramen noodles do!
Another healthy aspect of this recipe is that my peanut sauce is way less salty than other recipes I’ve tried before. That’s because I don’t use as much soy sauce. My husband and I have found that we like recipes way more if we take down the added salts. I guess we are just used to less salt!
RELATED: 7 Homemade Salt-Free Seasonings
This recipe comes together for $11.91 or $2.91/serving. The most expensive thing I used in this recipe was the brown rice ramen, which cost me $4.00 for 10 oz.
If you wanted to make this recipe cheaper (but less healthy), you could use 3 3oz packages of instant ramen instead! That would bring your total down to $8.66 or $2.16/serving.
This ramen recipe has quickly become one my husband and I’s favorite dinner meals lately. It tastes light and fresh, but actually fills you up so it’s perfect for summer!
Peanut Sauce Ramen w/Chicken & Stir Fry Veggies
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 lb chicken thighs diced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups green cabbage chopped/roughly shredded
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- 9-10 oz brown rice ramen
- green onion and sesame seeds for garnish
For The Peanut Sauce:
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp rice vinegar
- Whisk together all ingredients for the peanut sauce. Can be made ahead of time or while sweet potatoes are roasting.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Toss sweet potatoes in avocado oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Bake on a lined sheet pan in a single layer for 20-25 minutes, until fork tender and slightly browned.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions, drain, then toss with roughly half of the peanut sauce. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute the diced chicken in 1 tablespoons of sesame oil on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add cabbage, kale, and carrots to the skillet, and saute another 4-5 minutes, until cabbage and kale are softened.
- Divide peanut sauce noodles into 4 bowls, topping with chicken, sweet potatoes, kale/cabbage/carrot mixture, green onion, sesame seeds, and more peanut sauce.
Pin me for later!
If you end up making this and loving it, take a photo and tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your versions of my recipes! And feel free to rate it down below in the comment section. I would really appreciate it!
Are you excited to make this? I’m so excited for you to try it! It’s one of my favorites right now and I bet it’ll be one of your’s, too!