This one pot veggie pasta recipe is healthy, vegetarian, & full of vegetables. It’s the perfect way to clear out the produce in your fridge!
I’ve been in such a pasta mood the last few weeks. Like, it may be cause summer is winding down or it may just be because I love carbs. Either way, I’ve been going to town on some pasta lately.
This recipe was originally part of my farmer’s market recipe post, but I’ve been loving it so much that I decided it needed to be its own blog post.
Why I love this recipe:
- Hardly any dishes (it’s a one pot pasta afterall)
- It clears out my veggie drawer at the end of the week.
- This recipe makes a lot of food, so I pack leftovers for lunch and I’m set for a few days.
Not to mention that it’s loaded with fiber from all the veggies and the whole wheat pasta. It’s probably one of the healthiest pastas I’ve ever had.
Making One Pot Veggie Pasta
If you’re making one pot pasta, you need a decent pot! Pictured here is my Martha Steward cast iron dutch oven pot. It heats super evenly and is sooo pretty. Love that red!
This one pot loaded veggie pasta recipe calls for specific vegetables. But honestly, you can use whatever you have in your crisper. So feel free to get creative!
Don’t like mushrooms? Leave them out! Want more kale? Throw it in!
It’ll be delicious AF no matter which veggies you end up using.
Just don’t leave out the tomatoes. Those are pretty key to the flavor, plus they add a pretty color!
When you’re making this veggie pasta, you may be thinking to yourself, “um, this is a s!@$ ton of vegetables and hardly any noodles”. Don’t worry! The vegetables cook down enough and the pasta swells up.
One Pot Loaded Veggie Pasta
- 8 oz whole wheat angel hair pasta dry
- 5 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 red onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup white wine
- 3.5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano dry
- Fresh basil, green onion, cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Pour the wine and broth into large pot.
- Place pasta at the bottom of pot, submerged in the liquid.
- Pile all of your veggies on top of the pasta.
- Add in the vinegar, oregano, and olive oil.
- Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, cover the pot for 7-8 minutes, until the pasta is cooked the way you like it. Stir occasionally.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Garnish with basil, more tomatoes, and green onion.
- You can literally use whatever veggies you want in this recipe. Just make sure to not skip the tomatoes. Those are important. Anything you can pull out of your crisper to use up, do it!
- Need some protein? Add in 1 cup of shredded chicken!
Pin this for later!
Now, go make this before summer ends!