Coconut lime white bean chicken chili recipe is a fun & tropical twist on an old classic. Make this healthy, dairy-free chicken chili in a slow cooker or crock pot!
I love using my slow cooker in the summer. Our house doesn’t have air conditioning, and it heats up to about 10 degrees hotter than it is outside. All. summer. long. So any way I can find to have a healthy dinner meal without turning on the stove or oven is a win for me.
Chili isn’t exactly a “summer” food, but I love it so much, I thought I’d try to make it a little lighter and summery than traditional chili. What better summer flavors than coconut and lime?
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you because it’s become one of my favorite chili recipes ever! Not only is it dairy-free, it’s super summery with a hint of lime and coconut. Yes please!
Healthy White Bean Chicken Chili
One thing I love about this recipe is how light it tastes compared to regular chili. But it’s super satisfying and filling at the same time. It’s also dairy free, and uses coconut milk for the liquid, giving it a slightly coco-nutty flavor that I just love!
As with all my recipes, this coconut lime chicken chili recipe is made with whole ingredients, nothing artificial!
RELATED: Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
This recipe can be made into a freezer meal really easily! Just put all the ingredients into a gallon sized freezer zip lock, and freeze for up to 3 months.
I would recommend thawing it out completely before cooking it in the crock pot, though. That way the chicken will absorb all the flavors as it cooks!
RELATED: Freezer Friendly Recipes
Another budget friendly recipe for you, this chicken chili recipe only costs $8.07, or $1.35 per serving!
You could make this recipe even cheaper by using less chicken or eliminating the chicken altogether. It think it would taste just as good as a vegetarian chili!
You could also use light coconut milk (which is generally cheaper than full fat), but it may not be as thick or creamy. If you like a thick chili, use full fat coconut milk!
Coconut Lime White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 cans Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 4 oz canned green chiles (don't drain)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- lime wedges and cilantro (optional for garnish)
- Place chicken at the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with all remaining ingredients (except lime wedges and cilantro). Note: It will look like there is not enough liquid. The chicken and corn will release liquid as they cook, so don't worry!
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Remove the slow cooker lid during the last 30 minutes.
- After 8 hours, shred chicken in the slow cooker, stir everything together, and serve! Top with lime wedges and cilantro.
To Make It a Freezer Meal:
- Add all ingredients to a gallon sized zip lock bag, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw completely in the fridge before cooking so the chicken will absorb the flavors! Once completely thawed, dump everything in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove the slow cooker lid during the last 30 minutes. After 8 hours, shred chicken in the slow cooker, stir everything together, and serve! Top with lime wedges and cilantro.
Pin me for later!
If you end up making this and loving it, take a photo and tag me on Instagram! I’d love to see your versions of my recipes! And feel free to rate it down below in the comment section. I would really appreciate it!
I know you’ll love this recipe because it’s easy, doesn’t heat up the whole house, and is a chili fit for summer! How excited are you to try this chili with a tropical twist?! Comment below!