I once heard someone say, “you can’t make everyone happy. You’re not a taco”. LOL Isn’t that the truth?
And, who doesn’t love fajitas? I have to admit, I used to be one of those people.
Not only was I “one of those people” (eye roll), I didn’t like Mexican-style food at all. Now I eat tacos like every week. And they’re delicious af.
This year, Tommy and I have been trying to save money to get debt free. We’ve been doing the Dave Ramsey program for just under a year, so we definitely try to avoid going out to eat very much.
So I have to make tacos at home if I want them.
Why go out to eat, when you can make these chicken fajita tacos at home?
They’re full of healthy fat, fiber, and protein. What more could you want?
Plus these chicken fajita tacos are freaking bomb, and this recipe comes together so quickly.
Like, I barely spent any time in the kitchen making these. Which left more time for wine.
It was magical.
If you’re going to make these, then you’ll need some fajita seasoning. Make your own to be even healthier.
Get my homemade fajita seasoning recipe right here!
***Part of my weekly meal prep and planning is to shred up a roasted chicken. That’s what I typically use on these tacos and it works really well. Super fast, super simple.
If you wanted to be even more super efficient, you could chop up the bell peppers and onion in advance as part of your weekly meal prep. That would make this go even quicker, and you’d be even MORE of a meal prep boss.
RELATED: Meal Planning 101
Fajita meets taco. And they made a chicken fajita taco baby. You’re welcome.
- 2 t olive oil
- 1 lb cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons homemade fajita seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 6 small whole wheat tortillas
- Toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, plain Greek yogurt, tomatoes, salsa
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Once olive oil is hot, add the sliced bell peppers and the onion.
- Saute until the onion begins to turn translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the fajita seasoning to the skillet. Stir occasionally until the chicken is heated through and the veggies are full cooked, about 5-6 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the refried beans in a separate sauce pan, until heated through. About 5-6 minutes.
- Add 1-2 T of refried beans per tortilla. Top with chicken fajita mixture, and then top with additional topping ingredients.
Pin this right now to save it for later!
Catchya on the flippity flop!
cheap eyeglasses says
Good article, your sharing is so nice, love your work!